We will participate at the wine trade in St Germain Les Corbeil (91) at Salle des Fêtes the 15th of Novembre 2014
We will be present from the 27th November to the 01 December 2014 in Paris at the Porte de Versailles - stand P21.
The year started with a cold winter favorable for the vegetative rest with two long periods of frost in January and February.
The spring with its mild temperatures allowed an early budding in the beginning of April and the vine blossomed about 3rd June, three weeks earlier than normally.
On 26th June, a part of the vineyards in Kientzheim and in Sigolsheim were damaged by hail.
Throughout the summer, we had an important heat-wave. In August, the temperature reached 35°C during 15 days; and we had a new heat top with 40.9°C on 13th August.
The early wine-harvest of excellent sanitary quality began on 29th August with the Pinots Noirs; it lasted until 30th September. A last lot of Rieslings, produced on the Rosenberg ground, was picked on 28th October.
We never lived such a summer that was so hot; according to historians, we have to take a look back to the year 1540 to find such conditions; wich means it is difficult to give today a precise opinion on the development of this harvest. But, we can say that the wines are rich in dry extracts and in polyphenols. They have personality and, as far as the volume is concerned, they come from the smallest harvest we had since 1984.
- The Pinots Noirs have a high standard with rarely reached colouring intensities.
- The Muscat is crispy and very fine.
- The Pinots Blancs are expressive and very typed.
- The Rieslings have kept freshness thanks to deep roots. The small quantity of grapes per vine and the old age of our vines reduced the climatic effect.
- The Pinots Gris are rich and complex.
- The Gewurztraminer are aromatic and strong.
wine lover, looking for a wine with a unique character, would like to
have some bottles of this fire-vintage, in order to taste its
development through the years.